Career ExplorationPreparing for College
Follow the AHS
College and Career Center
Applying to College
1. Finalize your List of Places to Apply
Use Naviance, theprincetonreview.com, collegeboard.org, or collegenavigator.gov to research colleges.
2. Do your Research on each School
3. Are you planning to go to a WUE school? Hawaii, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon? Check out the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program to see about reduced tuition.
4. Create Accounts on all Application Websites you will be Applying to
5. Start Personal Statements
Need help? Attend the Personal Statement Workshops on Wednesday, October 20, 2016 during 7th period and Thursday, October 21, 2016 during 6th period.
6. Letters of Recommendation
* If you need a letter of recommendation from your teachers and/or counselor please make sure they have a copy of your Senior Profile/Request for Letter of Recommendation form, at least 2 weeks before you need the letter of recommendation!
7. Do you need Money for College?
8. Do you need/want to take the October and/or December SAT’s?
Guidelines for Applying to College
California State University
University of California
Private & Out of-State Universities
Letter of Recommendations
The Admission Process
Writing your Personal Statements